Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Goings on of my weekend

OK, now that Gracie's wedding is over, I can laugh whole-heartedly about the disasters that were the bridesmaids' dresses. Beside the fact that a few fit horribly or not at all, my skirt was altogether wrong. And too bad I didn't notice until the week before the wedding when I was about to have it hemmed! "It just needs to be hemmed" I erroneously informed the seamstress who was working on a few of our dresses. She was the one who noticed it was different than all the other's. Duh. That would explain the extra fabric I noticed when I picked it up at Alfred Angelo's. That place SUCKS. Their customer service is atrocious. No wonder they got a D- in Bridal Bargains.

Anyway, I scrambled around the garment district the week before the wedding looking for a suitable chiffon with which to make a new skirt. I ended up buying three different shades of red to be on the safe side. Dau, the seamstress, made me a whole new skirt (twice!) and I must say she did a great job. Disaster was averted several times around thanks to her.

The wedding was so much stinking fun. A good time was had by all. We managed to pull off another Senior sweater picture thanks to Chuchi. I'll figure out how to post pictures on here eventually. Plenty of drunkeness and debauchery.

Sunday I spent the day at my sister's house. Poolside. Ah yeah, finally got a bit of a tan. I actually had to go on my building's rooftop on Friday to get rid of my farmer tan (yuck) since I wore a strapless to the wedding. That evening my sister and I got some groovy CD's at Target. Titles such as Booty Shakin Hits of the 90's...gotta love 'em!

And now here I am back at work. Trying really hard to stay awake. Working nights is getting a lot tougher. It's so hard to stay awake and then recuperate after a couple of nights working. Sigh. Can't wait to win the lottery.

So now I just have to worry about the reunion. Someday I'll laugh about that as well. But not just yet.

No comments: