Sunday, August 14, 2005

FRUSTRATION ! ! !

I CANNOT wait until planning and preparing for this reunion is over. And that's really sad.

On a happier note, I went to my friend Gracie's wedding present-opening party at her brother's house. It was nice, I took pictures of each gift and the happy couple as usual. Already Snapfished them off. I'd love to include pix here but I don't know how to do it!

I'd like to document a moment of compassion and empathy. Gracie's mother mentioned that my friend Chuchi and I would be next to marry (not to each other FYI). I used my standard "Ya me quede" which means basically I'm an old-maid. She laughed it off and said that God would see about that. But the moment of empathy to which I refer was something that Gracie's SIL said to me. She said that she was 38 when she married and to look at her daughter, whom she'd had at 40. I just thought it was very kind of her to share that with me. I wonder if she went through the same types of feelings I've been having about the whole issue. The quiet way she said it made me think she had.

I recently asked my mom if she felt a bit hopeless about marriage/family when she was my age and still single (that's got a soap opera story to it, but I'll leave that for another entry). She said she never felt like she should worry about it, she was too busy working and taking care of her brother's multitude of kids. This is useful information. A few months ago I had a bit of an epiphany about how grateful I ought to be for what I do have. Granted, I'd love to be in a loving relationship with an awesome man, but I should appreciate the fact that I'm single and really quite free of stressors (sans aforementioned Queen B). I can come and go as I please, don't have bratty kids clingy to me since I get to give them back to their parents ;), therefore I should enjoy my singledom and have fun with it. So that's what I mean to do. I'm taking fun classes (A Day to Create with Tena Sprenger and Carol Wingert is always a happy occiasion), enjoying my friendships, and playing with my sister's offspring. Maybe at some point this won't be enough for me, but for now it's pretty darn great. Who knows, maybe I am meant for something non-family life related and it just hasn't been revealed to me yet. And maybe there's nothing bigger and better out there for me, but I intend to be as happy as I can be. And if that makes me boring so be it!

5 comments:

Sybille, Jeremy & Dylan Moen said...

OK, first of all sweetie, you are everything but boring!!! I know you will find your match! Sometimes good things take a while but nevertheless they happen. Don't give up!!!!
Sorry to hear about the reunion! Hang in there and can't wait to spend Saturday with you! Hugs, Syb

yezenia said...

Thanks Syb!

Unknown said...

Yez you are a wonderful person! Don't ever give up on yourself. I know what you mean about your friend. Some people are just not happy and take it out an anybody who comes in contact with them. I always say things will get better. :-) bucket

yezenia said...

Thanks Bucket!

Megan R said...

Yez, Yez, Yez!!

You are an awesome person. You will find someone when you least expect it! Enjoy being single, sometimes I wish I was!! Live it up while you can and when you least expect it you will meet your match!