Monday, May 15, 2006

I've been remiss

in my blogging duty. I've just been busy doing very boring things like working and planning a brunch. I did have a bit of excitement in April when I went to New York with my family and some friends. We did the usual touristy things like go the Empire State Building, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, walked across the Brooklyn Bridge (with my 72 year old mother leading the way!...she's a bad ass), visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and walked from Brooklyn up to Little Italy for a hysterically dismal lunch. Me with my homegirl Lady Liberty

The highlights included walking through Central Park on a beautiful spring day and getting a backstage tour and meeting the stars of Wicked!!! It's no secret I'm obsessed with Wicked. Not like stalk-the-actors-and-memorize-the-minutiae-of-their-lives obsessed, but just good old-fashioned-listen-to-the-CD-almost-every-day obsessed. When we mentioned to Eden Espinosa (who plays Elphaba), that we were from LA, she said she was from LA as well. We were so starstruck (which we normally never are), that we just stood there like a bunch of morons going, "Oh cool." Duh! She could very well have been from our neck of the woods and we just stood there like dumbasses. Oh well, it was a good time and we've have many laughs about it since.

In other news, my niece Gabbie starred as Miss Hannigan and her brother Jacob made his debut as Rooster Hannigan in their school's production of Annie. We were quite proud of them. Gabbie and Jacob in

And last, here's a picture of Gabbie in the dress I made for her school project on Queen Mary I. Oops, guess it was a bit too long after all. Gabbie as Queen Mary I

Oh, almost forgot to mention, I actually went on a date. It wasn't horrible, so I may do it again. Who knows. I may just get lazy and annoyed again, but for now I'll just go along for the ride.



10 comments:

Michelle W. said...

yay for the date!
yay for your cutie pie neice!
yay for your photo!
yay for back to blogging!

Michelle

Unknown said...

Oh Yez it sounds like you had a blast in New York!
I do hope you continue on your dates. Just enjoy the ride and move along. :-)

Unknown said...

Oh wait ... you met the cast of WICKED!!! I want to go see it again!

yezenia said...

Bucket, we're going again when it comes to the OC. I told my sister to get a BUNCH of tickets since she gets first crack at them. I'll save you one ok!

Juls said...

I want to go see "Wicked" too. Carly knows the lyrics to "Popular" and we listen to it EVERY time we're in the car. She's got some other lyrics down to "I'm Not That Girl", "One Short Day" and "Defying Gravity". I'm training her early and I'm a "Wicked" junkie too.

yezenia said...

We should all try to see it the same day!

Unknown said...

Yez where is your sister getting tickets at? I tried getting some for the San Diego show but it's all sold out. I want to take my mom and sisters so I think it may be alot for your sister. OH I LOVE YOU! I want to go again!!!

Wendy, Fragrant Blade said...

oh, those pictures are AWESOME!!! The colors!

GREAT job on the dress too1!!

Kate said...

Nice sweatshirt man. I have the same one.

So....what about the date???

yezenia said...

Katie, still seeing him. Not excited though. Maybe I'll have the talk with him next week.