Thursday, March 30, 2006

I was such a cute kid...what happened?





I spent the evening finally helping my mom sort through family photos, many of them damaged by a flooded garage years ago. Here are some of my favorites. There's the famous too-big lime green bikini that I sported in Acapulco. It kept falling off, but hey, at 3 I wasn't too modest anyway.

Then there's the infamous potty picture. Whenever moms of toddlers tell me their pained stories of attempts at potty training, I tell them to just do what my mom did, tie the brats to their potty chairs. Worked for me, I was potty-trained at 12 months. Of course, to this day I can't void unless I have chonies around my ankles, apparently I need to feel some sort of restraint when peeing.

There's the Halloween 1985 picture of me dressed like a nurse (who'd have known). The chubby Asian kid is my little buddy Dominic Lau. I often think if our mothers believed in arranged marriages Dom and I would have been betrothed in preschool. Dom went on to push me in the 2nd grade, causing me to fracture my arm in three places. So I guess I should blame my slightly gimpy arm on him. Anyway, you can't tell from the pic, but the book in my hand is "Go Ask Alice." Obviously, someone wasn't monitoring my reading materials at 8 years old.

And finally one of me at the organ. No story to that one, just love my little pigtails.

6 comments:

Michelle W. said...

what happened is now you are no longer a kid, but a beautiful woman!

Michelle

yezenia said...

Thanks Michelle. You're sweet. :)

Sybille, Jeremy & Dylan Moen said...

What do you mean?? YOU ARE GORGEOUS, OUTSIDE and INSIDE!!!! Miss you girlie! Hugs, Syb

Unknown said...

I love these photos Yez! BTW I'm back. :-) Just got in this morning, I will fill you in later on my trip. Talk to you soon.

-bucket

Juls said...

You're TOO cute then and now. I have photos of me when I was cute and say "what happened"? I figure I was cute until I was 5. You're still awesome!!

Megan R said...

Time to update the blog! You were a cute kid, but I need a new photo to look at :o)