Saturday, October 08, 2005

Why is it...

that in any given class there is always The Annoying Guy? Seriously. Usually the profile is the middle-aged, probably divorced, know-it-all guy who erroneously thinks asking tons of questions makes him look inquisitive when it really exposes his ineptitude. I'm taking a Photoshop class, today being the first of 4 weekend classes. This asswipe showed up 20 minutes late, making all kinds of ruckus, proceeded to ask about 7 questions that, if he'd been there on time, would have known the answers to. For the remainder of the 3 hours he proceeded to ask stupid questions, not pay attention, get ahead of himself, and hog up the instructor's time by screwing up. Then when class was done (20 minutes late thanks to Mr. Asswipe's questions), he had the gall to ask if he could stay through the lunch hour to practice. I felt like applauding when the instructor told him half the lunch hour was gone already and he didn't feel like staying cooped in the same room all day. The lady next to me told Annoying Guy to let the guy eat in peace. Ah, good times. I hope he gets the point and doesn't pull the same shit tomorrow.

So I took my mom to see "In Her Shoes" with Cameron Diaz, Toni Collette, and Shirley Maclaine. To be honest, I hadn't really wanted to see that particular film (most chick flicks are wait-for-the-DVD fare). But there wasn't much else to see that I thought my mom would enjoy, and she's a sucker for anything with mostly female casts. Well that damn movie was really good! Plus, I was drooling over Mark Feuerstein the whole time. I really dug him on "Wake Up, Miami" a few years ago. Ok, I don't know how the hell to insert a picture here. I'm retarded. Anyway, I think the guy is smoking. He's on my Top 20.

After the movie, we hit Barnes & Noble. I started Christmas shopping for my niece, picked up a Photoshop book which turned out to be the wrong version (oops), and got the Joel Osteen book I've picked up about 17 times. He's on my top 20 too, which is really bad because the guy is a married minister, and I ought not to covet my neighbor's husband. Whatever, it's not like I have any hope of seducing the man, so it's not so much coveting right? Besides, like I say, lust is not a sin I struggle with. Unfortunately.

5 comments:

Big Ben said...

I was forced to take evening classes when I was in University because of my baseball schedule. Some of those old bastards would ask stupid questions all day, I wanted to throw things at them.

yezenia said...

OMG, the idiot showed up to class 35 minutes late today! I was so hoping he'd had some bad sushi and would be "indisposed" today. No such luck. The class is getting feisty now, with me being the first to start the grumbling. At one point I actually reached down for my shoe. I think I'll take a pitchfork to class next weekend. And put a tag with his name on it.

Araxi, are you taking your class at GCC?

Big Ben said...

Shaking up is a good idea. I can't imagine getting married and not knowing what it is like to live with someone. You might be in for quite a shock!

Sybille, Jeremy & Dylan Moen said...

Hey, we went to see that movie too! Didn't like it for the first 30 min. and couldn't stop balling afterwards! Loved it and the entire theatre was clapping at the end!
Miss you girlie!

Spinsterella said...

Oh, I used to hate the mature students when I was at university - yabbering on all the time in tutorials, and handing in their essays early.

Early! for frig's sake!

Anyhow, I would love to be a student again - and I'd be just as annoying, I'm sure...