Saturday, October 29, 2005

I broke my blog

I don't know what the hell I did, but it's all wonky, I'm missing a couple of posts, not that they were all that fascinating, but just having them disappear into oblivion bothers me to no end. I LOATHE losing things, even if they aren't real.

So it's Saturday night, and I'm feeling keenly pathetic. I slept all day after working 3 weeks without more than one night off in a row. I woke up, showered, looked kinda cute if I do say so myself, and did NOTHING. Well, I took my mom to Borders because she's on the hunt for a stupid book about some kind of bull dog for her friend. Apparently it doesn't exist. I frankly am not that motivated to help her in her search. But I digress...

While my friends Luz and Monica are off dancing tonight, I'm sitting here at 8:40pm seriously contemplating going back to bed. I've got terrible cramps and am really bitchy. Why unleash my ferocity, short-lived as it may be, upon the world tonight when I can just stay home and feel my ass grow wider? I hate feeling this way and I know it's because it's the 1st day of my curse, but after 14 years I know I have to isolate myself today. It was due to people like me that women were banished to the outskirts of their villages during their menses. Why oh why does it have to be a Saturday night?

Really, I don't ever do typical Saturday night things. I used to love going dancing, and while I still like to dance, I hate having to prep and pay for it. Getting ready, blowing out the hair or shampooing it in mousse, applying makeup, donning the hoochie garb and shoes, paying for drinks (I don't like letting guys buy me drinks because they always expect something), dying in aforementioned hoochie shoes, getting all sweaty and not having any room to actually dance...all of it is at this point in my life supremely annoying. Not so when I was a teenager and in college, even a couple of years after college I still partook of the partying. Now I'd much rather go to dinner, see a movie, watch a concert (one without teenagers as they annoy me to tears now as well), or read a book.
When did I turn into such a boring homebody?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yez I completely understand what your going through. I've become quite the bore myself. I hate going to clubs because for me it's a waste of my hard earned money. I love to dance, so now you can see me dancing in my room alone. I think my family thinks I'm a bit crazy, but oh well. We need to hang out again and go do something. I can't wait for OZOMATLI!!!! We are going to have a blast! Should we go early so that we can have dinner out there? Let me know.
-bucket

yezenia said...

I agree, I'd rather dance in my apartment for free. Although I do miss the thump of the music.

I emailed you with the same thought about having dinner at DT Disney! Can't wait!

Spinsterella said...

yup, it happens to us all.

I just pretended that I wasn't feeling so good to my friends so I could spend Saturday night watching TV by myself with a bottle of wine while they went out...

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone