Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hoofing it

Went hiking yesterday and damn nearly died. Our 3 hour adventure took us up behind the Hollywood sign and back down. At one point, we had views of Hollywood to our left and Burbank to our right. We were straddling two cities.

I am now in some pain, but not as much as I had anticipated due to the 2 Aleve I popped late last night.

It was fun though, but never hike with a 24 year old athlete, you're just asking for trouble. At times I felt like pelting my coworker Trish with the many rocks readily available on the trails. Three of us were dying hiking up the mountain, and there she was doing jumping jacks and literally running circles around us.

Anyway, we bonded and made her hike farther than she's ever gone (at that locale anyway) and she rewarded us by treating us to Gatorade. Nothing too good for us.

4 comments:

Watson Woodworth said...

Been walking up and down mountains in my downtime.
But that's just because Pennsylvania's made of mountains.

I mean to get some downtime around Bloomington, Indiana but that's because I have ancestors there going back 300 years.

Anonymous said...

You go girl...Halfway up that hill I would have fallen back and just let myself roll down. Next thing I know you will be posting about climbing Mt. Everest. ;)

yezenia said...

Well, truth be told I did plan on grabbing my ankles and rolling down the hill, but we made it down ok. Marcie and I went back the next week and did the exact same hike, we were quite proud of ourselves. We also went on a hike to a small waterfall in Altadena. I never knew such things existed here.

cruzzer68 said...

Hike on girl.......I wish I lived closer. BTW, I'm blogging again.