Tuesday, February 14, 2006

When it rains, it pours...

I've noticed that when it comes to guys, there will be extended periods of drought when NOTHING comes my way. But every few years (yes years, when I was younger it was every few months, but now gravity and time are leaving their marks), there will suddenly be a convergence of interest at the same time. Today, Valentine's Day 2006, I have had 3 men express interest. THREE.

#1 A guy at the hospital asked me to be his Valentine and gave me a bag of candy. I don't know how I feel about dating someone from work.
#2 Someone I went out with year asked me out for Sunday and just happened to be in my area today. Hmm.
#3 A friend of a friend who will be flying into LA this weekend.

Why can't these things be rationed out? My sister says it helps to keep one from being desperate. Maybe.

I know that none of these will go anywhere. But it is nice to know I'm not yet completely repulsive to all guys.

So as my sister often tells me, a girl's gotta eat.

7 comments:

Spinsterella said...

Droughts and monsoons, that's always the way.

(I'm awaiting my next monsoon, surely it's gotta be just around the corner?)

Tabby Rabbit said...

(Nice blog - came via Spinny's site)

If you had to choose one of them:candyman, stalker or stranger which one would you go for??

Keep us posted!

yezenia said...

If I HAD to choose, I guess Candyman. But that's a loaded-gun-at-my-temple decision.

Frankly I'm not too jazzed about any of them.

And I didn't even mention the 4th prospect, but that's because he didn't express interest yesterday. Now that would have blown my mind. He's the only one I've been attracted to in the last year. Aside from the gay doctor at work.

Juls said...

Like you said, a girl's gotta eat. At least try each one once. You might be pleasantly surprised, or not, but at least you'll get a free meal and then claim how tired you are from X number of days working at night.

yezenia said...

"Stranger" and "Stalker" called me last night. I had my phone turned off so I didn't realize until this morning. Not the faintest bit of excitement. Sigh.

Michelle W. said...

by looking at your pic I can't believe you would even think you are replusive!

Michelle

yezenia said...

Michelle, thanks. :)