Monday, May 28, 2007

Update

As if anyone is still reading my boring blah blog, here's a quick update on my life as of late.

I went on my trip to Ireland. BEAUTIFUL. Can't wait to go back. And while the food was not so great (with the exception of a couple of great meals), I was astounded to find that many Irish men have great butts. I'm not a lusty wench, unfortch, but I do appreciate a nice derriere when I see one. And I saw puhlenty in Dublin. I don't know if it's all the potatoes and Guinness, but Irish babies got back.

Made it through another Alumnae Mass/Brunch for my alma mater. Too bad I still have to write the event report and the article for the alum newsletter. Blech, I hate homework.

I raised $1,111 for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's "Great Strides" walk. Thank you to those of you who sponsored me!

I went to
this cool lounge the other night with some friends. Since I wasn't driving, much, and trying to save some pennies, I decided to harken back to my early college days and get drunk on a dime. I bought a couple of single-serving bottles of Ocean Spray cranberry juice, dumped half in the sink and replaced with Absolut. By the time we got to the lounge, I was buzzing something fierce. I am a lightweight drinker compared to the binge drinking I did at SC and immediately following graduation. But it was nice to just relax and chill with friends and not worry about the fact that I can no longer dance to save my life and that I don't have the same pull I used to. Maybe it's the added wrinkles/pounds/contempt for men, but I just don't get the attention I used to.

Which is why I'm trying eHarmony. Yup. After refusing to date for 2 years (my second such hiatus), I'm giving this site a shot. Let me tell you, it's not for speed daters. It's an excruciatingly slow process, from the preliminary personality questionnaire, which made me head for the hills the first time I tried to take it, to the "guided steps" to matches. It holds you by the hand through the whole process, which normally I'm a huge proponent of, but in this case it's really making it boring. No cruising the site. IT matches you, and IT tells you what questions to ask. Though some are really great questions I gotta say. So anyway, wish me luck. I'm really hoping God has a hand in this website because I feel my eggs and nether regions shriveling at an alarming rate.


7 comments:

Watson Woodworth said...

I have a profile on eHarmony but there's not much I can do with it as I don't make transactions over the Internet so no pay no play.

Doing lots of good reading though.

yezenia said...

Maybe I should read more instead of thinking about my lack o' boyfriends.

yezenia said...

Oh, and tell me about Flirtomatic. I looked at it but am afraid to sign up without knowing more.

Anonymous said...

Hey You! You crack me up and hey...you have a few questions coming to you after I read that little blurb up top of the different things...glad you are coming out of retirement...if anything HAVE FUN with it...Mr. Right is definitely there-I KNOW SO! Plus you get to "practice" and it lets me live vicariously through you since I'm already hitched. Have a great day! :)

Watson Woodworth said...

Flirtomatic is a hoot and a holler.
However (and this may be good for you as a bum checker-outer) most of the flirters are English or Irish.
It's just a big chat-thing with a bunch of profiles you keep tabs with.
Can't read "Underground To Palestine" at work. Arab coworkers.

Megan R said...

Hey have you posted any photos from your trip yet??? Good luck with eHarmony. My boss just recently got engaged to his boss who he met on a similar site over here, and I hear more and more stories the same, so it totally can be done! And I am sure the right guy will come along for you, cos your such a great gal!!! :o) See you soon!!

yezenia said...

Nope, not yet. Been super busy. Will let you know when they're up though.