Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Don't you hate it when...

you go to sleep drunk and you're still drunk when you wake up? It's the worst feeling in the world, well almost as bad as say, I don't know, puking into a trash can outside your apartment and getting it on your hair, jeans, and glasses.

That was my fun Tuesday night. My friend Adrian and I finally went to see Liz Phair and I made the mistake of adding rum to my usual drinking regimen with disastrous results. I haven't had a binge like that for 5 years. And I wil NEVER EVER do it again. I'm serious.

So the show was great. I fell in love with Liz all over again. And she finished off with one of my all time favorite songs, Fuck and Run. When I was 17 I didn't want that to be my anthem. I think I overdid it with my conservative choices, yet oddly enough some of those lyrics still ring true. Liz Phair and I are at opposite extremes of the spectrum, but I can still appreciate her perspective. I wonder if she'd be able to reciprocate.

2 comments:

Dak-Ind said...

sadly i recall moments just such as those you are describing. of course i also remember puking into the sun roof of someones car in my buildings parking lot, and thinking, man that will suck for them in the morning. it was MY CAR. arrrrggghhhhh.

yezenia said...

That is high comedy!