Monday, August 14, 2006

Pablo Ruiz

Seventeen years ago, I fell completely in love with this Argentinian pop star. Today I pulled out an old videotape, circa 1990-91, and have been watching the DOZENS of performances of his I caught on Spanish TV. I guess this was my first obsession. Gotta love that big nose and the great hair. And those sweet choreographed dance moves. I got to Googling him today and he's pretty much dropped off the face of the planet. So then I thought it'd be nice to get his music on CD, since my old tapes were well-worn 16 years ago, I can only imagine how crappy they'd sound now. Too bad the buttheads on eBay are selling the CDs for $40. Are they nuts?!?

Pablo Ruiz. Sigh. I still love him, even if he is gay.

*ETA* So I got one of the CDs (my fave actually) on eBay for $8. Too bad the shipping is just as much.

1 comment:

cruzzer68 said...

Do his songs bring back memories?