Wednesday, June 07, 2006

On Memorial Day, my friend's ex (her son's father) died in a motorcycle accident. Today I went to the graveside service to support my friend Marcie. The family decided to have a picnic at a park after the funeral, which I thought was a very nice way to end the day. The whole family was laughing, hugging, reminiscing. Culturally, it was interesting to see a different grieving process. In my culture, we mourn for a year, dressed in black the entire time, and there is A LOT of crying, guilt, and drama. I'm not much for that. I think when I die, I want my friends and family to think about good times with me and hopefully have nice things to say, preferably about me. And everyone should have buffalo wings, Dr. Pepper, and Sour Punch Straws in my honor. Oh, and I want a slideshow, but only with pretty pictures of me. Nothing from the ages of 10 to 14, yuck yuck yuck.

5 comments:

Crystle said...

How very sad I worry daily about my darling husband. My heart goes outto your friend and her child. I will def celebrate with Wing, Straws and Drink....

cruzzer68 said...

Your friend Marcie is lucky to have a friend like you. =)

yezenia said...

Thanks Crystle, you're a peach. ;)
And thanks Norma, but Marcie is probably a better friend to me than I am to her.

Unknown said...

Oh Yez so sorry for your friends loss. I have told the boys on numerous occassions to have a huge party when I pass away. They must serve lots of ice cream - bubble gum or strawberry will do just fine. :-)

Kate said...

I couldn't agree more. I'd much rather my life be celebrated and not just mourned. And there must be cake!