Saturday, December 03, 2005

Feeling crafty...



and frustrated that I lost my post. And that my pics didn't go where I wanted them. Aargh.

Anyway, I've been in a crocheting frenzy this week thanks to inspiration from joining the Atwater Village Stitch n' Bitch a couple of weeks ago. I have enough expensive hobbies, I don't think knitting will join them anytime soon. For now crocheting (the tackier of the two) is enough for me. Here are the scarves I made this week.

Today I went downtown with Bucket and Crystle to shop for fabric and ribbon and bacon-wrapped hot dogs. Yum. Anyway, I'm thinking of making tote bags a la Bungalow 360. Really digging the Michael Miller and Alexander Henry fabrics. We searched high and low for Amy Butler fabric but had no luck. Here are my fabric finds. Somewhere in my craft closet I have a pile of cute flannel I'd earmarked for pajama bottoms, but thinking of all the stuff I have to get done before the holidays, I may just put that off for next year.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Bacon-wrapped hotdogs... Yesterday as we watched USC beat the crap out of UCLA, all the Trojans in the room reminisced about those delicious pork on pork treats. I have only ever seen them outside the Coliseum on gameday. Man, I love those. People who have never lived in LA are totally baffled by the concept.

Katie

Unknown said...

Oh Yez I love your bags! They came out beautiful! I've already sewed up two more aprons. I want to work on the messenger bag too. There is just so much I want to do but no time.

yezenia said...

Silly Bucket, that's just the fabric folded up. I haven't had time to actually make the tote bags yet. We'll have a sewing day in January, k.